Get ready for another sporty bike from Bajaj in the Pulsar series with full fairings. Bajaj has unveiled their super Sporty bike as Pulsar 200SS which will be mechanically stronger & Sharper than Pulsar 200NS with a higher top speed. The Super Sporty will be having Full fairings.
Pulsar 200 SS is in works and will launch in India by the end of the year 2013.
With Bajaj?s own patented DTS ?i (Digital twin Spark ignition) technology, an effective combustion to the fuel results a better mileage of 53kmpl, that can be a reason to impress bike riders.
Unconfirmed reports are coming that the Super Sporty bike will come in 4 variants with different engine power, capacity & performance. It is said to have 199.5CC triple spark, SOHC 4 valve engine with an smooth 6 gear manual transmission.
Full Specifications of Pulsar 200SS
- height 1165mm
- Ground clearance of 165mm.
The weight of the bike will vary from 143KG to 152 KG depending upon the engine capacity.
- 199.5CC, Triple spark, SOHC, 4-Valve Liquid Cooled Engine
- maximum power-23.17Bhp at 9500 RPM
- Maximum Torque-18.3Nm at 8000 RPM
- Bore: 72 & Stroke: 49 with a single cylinder
- Chassis Type-Pressed steel perimeter beam section frame
- Acceleration- 0-60kmph in 3.7 seconds
- Top Speed- more than 135 Kmph
Wheel & tyres
- Wide tyres with Wheel Size: 100/80 ? 17, 52 P, 130/70 ? 17, 61 P mm
- Tubeless tyres with 10 spoke Mag Alloy Wheels
Suspension & Safety
With advance suspension system that avoids road jerk and its large front disk brakes and rear disk brakes stops the vehicle on the spot and hence increases the level of safety in Pulsar 200SS. Switches are also at the right place to access more conveniently.
- Front suspension: 37mm Telescopic Front Fork with Antifriction Bush
- Rear suspension: Nitrox Mono Shock Absorber with piggy back gas canister
- Front brakes: 280mm Disc
- Rear brakes: 230mm Disc
Although the model of Pulsar 200SS has not been revealed publicly but it is being expected that the bike will be available in 4 different (or mixed combo) colors.
Colors: Red, Blue, Black & Yellow
- 12 litre fuel tank
- 12V & 8AH VRLA battery
- DC ignition electrical system
- Brighter headlamp-HS1 35/35W (Tail lamp-0.3/3 W, LED)
- Duel Horn
- Self Start
- Digital trip meter & Speedometer
- Analogue tachometer
- Low oil indicator
- Low battery indicator
- Stand alarm with Duel horn for extra security
Apart of that many other features like Passenger footrest, Step up seat & pass light also there with 20SS and surely, many other features will be revealed after the release of Pulsar 200SS.
Bajaj Pulsar 200SS Price & Availability
As you all know that Pulsar 200SS will come after 200NS, Ex-showroom prices of Pulsar 200SS will be Rs. 98,000 and it will be available by the end of 2013. Only Rs. 8,000 costlier than pulsar 200NS, the Super Sporty bike 200SS is likely to get attention of Sports bike lovers.
Also Read: Bajaj Pulsar 200SS:Fully Fairing Bike, See pictures
Review from MyYouthBrigade.com for Pulsar 200SS
As said earlier, Pulsar 200SS will be the first fully fairy version from Pulsar. The top speed of 200SS will be the best among all the bikes of pulsar series with a better acceleration but Bajaj will have to work on the Cooling and Engine Vibration in order to make this bike completely fairy.
No doubt Pulsar 200SS will eat the market of Yamaha R15 & Honda CBR because of its relatively low prices and one more good thing is the mileage of Pulsar 200SS, which is amazingly good of 53kmpl on the constant speed of 55kmph.